A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

problem animating hair on Mograph clones using turbulence
Posted: 11 March 2015 09:30 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  76
Joined  2013-11-16

Hi

I have some cloner object clones that have hair. I want to animate the hair with a turbulence object. This works OK on a single object but not when it’s cloned. What ann I missing? test file attached.

Thanks
Chris

File Attachments
Hair_test_01.zip  (File Size: 104KB - Downloads: 228)

Posted: 12 March 2015 12:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Chris,

My idea about the Hair, the Turbulence and anything Cloned is, that the Cloner takes the information and for example the Turbulence has no effect anymore. If you “Cache” the Hair Object and place it under a Cloner Object, the memory is set back to zero.

The “hack” that works fast, but perhaps not really nice [see image] is based on the idea, to take the Hair object out of the Cloner Object and use a Connect Object to combine to clones—then place the Connect Object into the Hair Object. At least that proves my point from above. However, I did not found it really nice (the surface dynamic would need a lot of attention, etc.

So, I searched for something else. I safe you the time to name all the details of my search. However, funnily enough—the Instance works. For me the Instance is a one clone Cloner Object, kind of, so I was surprised to see that it works. (a scene file is attached)

I stored first with a dummy Capsule the dynamic movement, then replaced the dummy with an Instance Object. The hair Object is already cached. If that is too repetitive you might set ups some of these Instance sources. with different setting in each Turbulence Object (perhaps use the include list, to not interfere among the objects)

Let me know if that works for you, I have tried anything that came to my mind… well, there is always something else ;o)

Have a good one

Image and scene file are two different ideas!

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/dx9ZT0DO7F9cp4awY7l7XhEJ47P0dPI5dOheW5iTJZQ

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 12 March 2015 01:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  76
Joined  2013-11-16

Hi Sassi

Instance idea is perfect thanks.
Cool!

Thanks
Chris

Posted: 12 March 2015 01:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Thank you very much, Chris, for the feedback!

My best wishes for the project.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]