A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Tracer with geometric objects
Posted: 30 December 2014 05:35 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2007-05-22

Hi, I have a project that is very close but am stuck on one part of it. It is several small geometric objects that rise in the shape of a DNA strand. Im using an cloner in object mode, and the object is a tracer that creates the DNA strand shape from another cloner in grid mode. Enclosed is the file, and it is working except that the shapes change as the vertices on the tracer grows. Any ideas, or another simple way of building this. Eventually would like to have the geometric shapes scale to and from zero with the use of a planer effector as they enter or exit from the frame.
Thanks,

Jon Lewis

File Attachments
IconsFloatingUp9-4C4D.zip  (File Size: 109KB - Downloads: 165)

Posted: 01 January 2015 07:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Jon,

I have experimented with the set up. I like to share two options here. One is much simpler to set up, but the testing of the results showed me, that it has a problem if rendered in Physical/Motion Blur. It just replaces objects, and so the motion blur effect is gone, so my suspicion about.

The file with the “…_01.c4d” ending, needs to have the Tracer[s] made editable (preferable as copies, if adjustments are needed—later on). It uses the MoSpline to get all Spline Segments produced by the Tracers[s] to work at the same time. I say Tracer[s], as I used a second Tracer to produce a rail information, to get a stable direction of the clones along the way.

I avoid the Sample Step in the Tracer, as it introduces with some Spline interpolations a lot of “noise” in the spline it self. I use empty polygons instead. Normally Null would do as well, but sometimes you might like to make things editable, then Nulls are not always the best idea. Empty Polygon Objects work as fast as Nulls anyway.

I hope the delay in answering based on my vacation time was acceptable.

Happy New Year

File Attachments
CV2_r16_drs_15_MGic_01.c4d.zip  (File Size: 195KB - Downloads: 163)
CV2_r16_drs_15_MGic_11.c4d.zip  (File Size: 57KB - Downloads: 99)
 Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]