A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Moinstance Question
Posted: 26 September 2014 10:12 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2008-07-12

Hello Cineversity friends,
I’m trying to render moinstances in my final render, it seems that rendering ok in my Render View, but the moinstances doesn’t show up in my Picture Viewer.
The Object Reference is attached to my Cloner.
I tried to bake moinstances with Mograph Cache, but still nothing.

Am I doing something wrong?

(attached screenshot)

Posted: 26 September 2014 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi giogos.ele,

It is always easier to use an attach scene file (reduced to the items which are connected to the problem) than a screen shot. Thanks for considering.

The screen shot is not really helping as it takes all interactivity out. What I see is that you have placed the MoInstances on the top, which should work, but is not a suggested practice. The information flow in its simplest form goes from top to bottom. Normally it works anyway, but each step that is not calculated, will most-likely take older information, and the scene looks wrong. Check out the tutorials from Kai Pedersen about “Priority”. It is a core knowledge for C4D.

Besides that, the Editing screen is optimized to allow you to work without pressing constantly the “A” key [refresh]. Even the time isn’t progressing the scene becomes updated. Which allows for results that aren’t possible from the information flow—in terms of priority—as it refreshes often. This is a typical problem, to take the editor view as proof of concept. The Picture Viewer, calculates one time through, then renders, What is not available in this flow at the right position will be replaced with what is there, typically old or none information. If you scrub in the timeline, the Editor view might provide you with something, but the Picture viewer misses information.

Similar to this, the MoInstance needs the frames before to calculate, or you have to provide the information. How to do that? Use on the MoInstance an Object Manager>Tags>MoGraph Tags>MoGraph Cache. Then click on the new Cache Tag and in the Attribute Manager go to Tag [tab] and press the Bake button. Now try agin to render. It should be all there.

If not, provide a scene file, Then we can take a look.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 27 September 2014 05:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2008-07-12

Hi Dr.Sassi again,
still didn’t find a solution for this. I already tried Mograph Cache, but doesn’t show up and yes you are right, I need to attach the scene file, so here it is below my simple scene.
Plus, it will be good to know if that “traces” that leave behind, have different opacity instead of having 100% opacity all of them. Maybe a shader effector?

Thanks in advance.

File Attachments
logo final scene_0001.zip  (File Size: 119KB - Downloads: 204)

Posted: 27 September 2014 02:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

HI giorgios.ele,

This scene shows clearly how limited an image is to solve a problem.

Please try the attached scene file, if it works with the instances. I have reduced the scene to the parts that re-presented the problem, anything else is not relevant to me, you might understand.

In my understanding of this, the safest way, and if I get the manual correctly, the animated MoInstance will deliver stable results, especially when cached. I haven’t used it any different from that in the past eight years.
Feel free to contact the support if there is some doubt, perhaps they have more information. http://www.maxon.net/support/support-questions.html

All the best

Sassi

File Attachments
CV2_r16_drs_14_MGin_01.c4d.zip  (File Size: 205KB - Downloads: 242)
 Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 28 September 2014 01:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Joined  2008-07-12

That was soooo simple. I didn’t try to animate the Moinstance itself. That was the problem.
Although, if the Moinstance give the same result like the way i did it, why not cached or render properly?

Anyway, Dr.Sassi thank you so much again!

Posted: 28 September 2014 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks for the nice feedback, giorgos.ele.

It is not really the same result. Keep always in mind that the Editor View is set up differently than the Render View (Picture Viewer)

In the Editor View you like to work and get instant feedback, which requires a different way than during the rendering. There is for example no constant update needed nor wanted.

Normally you can ignore the difference, but I would always check a set up with a Preview Render, especially if the set up becomes more complex. The stored Preview Renderings might help you later to see what happens on the way, if a problem arises. Good if you “save always—save often” do, and use iterative saving, so it is easy to go back to specific states.

Think of the MoInstances as a Particle Emitter that leaves a certain amount of particles on its trail, but the particles have no movement on their own. In this way, you didn’t render only two out, but many on the same position, as the “emitter’ didn’t move.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

NEW: