A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Spline Wrap Dynamics
Posted: 16 September 2014 05:39 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2008-07-12

Hello Cineversity friends,
i have a project that boxes drop in a conveyor and i’m trying the simulation.
I made a simple plane with spline wrap and add a rigid body dynamic. It seems the collision is ok, but the boxes doesn’t move with movement of the offset in the spline wrap.
Any suggestion please?

I use C4D Studio R16 and below is my file

ps1.excuse my bad English
ps.2 It seems r16 does not import 3ds files for some reason instead of previous versions of c4d

File Attachments
troxalia.zip  (File Size: 307KB - Downloads: 206)

Posted: 16 September 2014 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi giorgos.ele,

Please try this file. If you have the set up of the conveyor “belt” visible on the end is not important, this will work. If you place other elements into your scene for visuals is up to you.

I have reduced the scene to the bare minimum, as I would expect to get it. To move all the stuff that is even “checked off” but folded, etc is extra work and needs attention. For your “bug hunting in the future, make a copy of your scene, delete anything that is not needed, and focus on the element that have worked in the past. Cloth and Dynamics is not a promising combination.

Some hints:
When you set up a scene, focus on the core elements first. Light, texture and such is not important during a dynamic set up, certainly not as long it doesn’t work. It feels like progress, but it slows only down.
The next suggestion I like to make, is based on the Dynamic itself, I found some settings that indicate that there might be a need to dive a little bit more into the parameter and their functions. The “Shape”, see image—is a core element to make animated scenes work. To know what it does is critical. The Automatic can’t know that it should provide something for the animation, perhaps someone doesn’t want it, and the automatic would use the most CPU intense version, just because something is moving…
Set your Editor view>Display> Gouraud Shading (Lines), and check the speed of your parts. They are different to each other.

Your point 1, please don’t worry at all about that. If I don’t get your point, I will ask.
The next point (2) is certainly difficult for me, with out any scene file, but before you send one, check back with the support! Thanks. They should get this problem directly and can take actions.
http://www.maxon.net/support/support-questions.html

All the best

Sassi

File Attachments
CV2_r15_drs_14_MGcb_01.c4d.zip  (File Size: 58KB - Downloads: 280)
 Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 26 September 2014 10:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2008-07-12

Thank you Dr.Sassi.. That works really nice. Problem solved.
It is the result that i was looking for and the client is happy.

Appreciate your help

Posted: 26 September 2014 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks for your feedback, giorgos.ele!

Nice that the project was well received.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]