A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Team Render issues with missing [Dirt] plugin
Posted: 25 September 2014 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-02-03

I put together a scene and grabbed an old model from the archives that gives me an error of:

Several plugins used in this project are missing.
Saving may cause loss of plugin data!
Plugin ‘Dirt’ (ID 1011136)

This is not an issue when I am working with the file or when I am rendering from just my machine, however, when I try to use team render, none of the other machines will render any of the frames.

Doing some research, I found that this plugin is left over from early versions of C4D and has been replaced by AO.  I went through all of the materials and could not find any “Dirt” shaders and I went through the render settings and there is nothing in there labeled “Dirt”.  I found a topic discussion where someone wrote a Python script to remove it, but when I try to run it there are syntax errors (I am just copying and pasting).

Since the render time on one machine is 26 hours, I would really like to get rid of the plugin issue and utilize the other five machines.

Thank you for any input

Posted: 25 September 2014 02:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi DKinney01,

My personal idea was that the Dirt-SHader was a rougher version of the AO shader.

If you have an older version, you might bake the effect into a texture. Sounds like fun, ... well certainly not.

My best advice would be, as I understood the Dirt Shader always as a beta version of the AO shader, to set it up as shown in the example. Adjust the “Samples” to the lowest value possible, in the AO, and perhaps check out some other “Blend-modes”

All the best

Sassi

File Attachments
CV2_r16_drs_14_TXds_01.c4d.zip  (File Size: 18KB - Downloads: 359)
 Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

‹‹ Q&A_miscellaneous      Moinstance Question ››