A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Can I export a particle sequence / animation using collada?
Posted: 15 September 2014 05:25 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-08-06

Hi,

I am currently working on defining good sequences for exporting animations using the collada export option in C4D, but can’t work out how to export a particle animation.. Is this possible? I have had reasonable success with keyframed animations but this one has got me.!

Thanks

IC

Posted: 15 September 2014 12:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi IC,

The manual tells me, that there is no direct support for particles. If I go to the Collada.org page, there are only suggested extensions.
https://collada.org/mediawiki/index.php?search=particles&title=Special:Search&go=Go
Do I miss something?

The question to use Collada is mostly focused on, what you want to transfer to which other application, if something is not supported. Which sounds weird, but the idea is to replace particles wit something that target application can use to read out the data and create the results you are after. A single polygon or light source could be the placeholder for a particle. The motions must be backed. Sorry, not other idea.

Perhaps you make a suggestion at collada.org, or at AMXON, perhaps you might ask the support
http://www.maxon.net/support/support-questions.html

All the best

Sassi

COLLADA 1.4 Export
CINEMA 4D supports the following elements for Export:
Materials with the following channels: Color (color, brightness, texture), Luminance (color, brightness, texture), Specular in the Reflectance channel (width, height, color, brightness, texture), reflection in the Reflectance channel (color, brightness, texture), Transparency (color, brightness, texture).
Layer name and assignment
Hierarchies
Geometry, incl. N-Gons, Normals and UV coordinates
Splines as approximate linear Splines.
Light sources (Omni, Spot and Area light as well as Infinite)
Cameras
Joints with links/skinning under the following conditions:
- A Skin object can only affect a single Polygon object
- A Polygon object can only have a single Weight tag
- If a Polygon object is affected by several Deformers the Skin object must be placed last in the hierarchy.
Animations (Position, Scale, Rotation) as linear animations without Tangents.

COLLADA 1.5 Export
CINEMA 4D supports the following elements for Export:
Materials with the following channels: Color (color, brightness, texture), Luminance (color, brightness, texture), Specular in the Reflectance channel (width, height, color, brightness, texture), reflection in the Reflectance channel (color, brightness, texture), Transparency (color, brightness, texture).
Layer name and assignment
Hierarchies
Geometry, incl. N-Gons, Normals and UV coordinates
Splines as approximate linear Splines.
Light sources (Omni, Spot and Area light as well as Infinite)
Cameras
Joints with links/skinning under the following conditions:
- A Skin object can only affect a single Polygon object
- A Polygon object can only have a single Weight tag
- If a Polygon object is affected by several Deformers the Skin object must be placed last in the hierarchy.
Animations (Position, Scale, Rotation) as linear animations without Tangents.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]