A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

MoGraph, Plain Effector
Posted: 03 September 2014 08:54 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  168
Joined  2014-06-09

Hello Sassi,

At 5:23, you perform C4D voodoo!  Somehow, you manage to keep the weight information for the cloned cubes on screen when you have the plain effector selected.  Seeing as that’s a really cool way to gauge an effector’s influence, I decided to try it out, the red dot information disappears.  Is there something I’m doing wrong, or is this a change between R10.5 and R15?

Jerome

File Attachments
moGraph 13 (MoGraph Plain Effector).c4d.zip  (File Size: 39KB - Downloads: 183)

Posted: 03 September 2014 09:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Total Posts:  168
Joined  2014-06-09

Ah!  Wait.  The behaviour’s changed.  The weight points are visible when the object is visible.  So yeah, there’s a slight change in behaviour.

Posted: 03 September 2014 09:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

I just wanted to post that, Jerome.

In the “old” days that was sometimes difficult to see these dots, of one had not the Torus as clones ;o)

It is easier now, but if one switches off the child object (visible) the dots seems to disappear now).

For weight I suggest to use only two effectors, one that gives and one that does not but takes it. Beyond that, it gets a little bit difficult. A while ago I posted an Python script for that, to set it back to zero, but I’m not certain if that is always a good idea, call it “beta”.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]