A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

texture dissapering
Posted: 29 August 2014 05:18 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2007-01-15

Hello all !

I have made a coin in 3D and it’s emit for a Emmiter with some dynamics to it, the coin have to look as real as possible, so I have use some, bump and normal maps, but at one point I and I also use two texture with the “mix texture mode” on it, on the final render everything looks perfect, and at one point my texture just dissapear, I have try the stick texture tags, all my texture are in UVW, the render works in with the interactive render region, but not when I render to the Picture Viewer…
then from there I don’t know what to do.. any help will be awesome thanks !

By he time I was writing this post I foumd the solution myself, just disable the “render instance”...

G.

Posted: 29 August 2014 05:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Greg,

Thanks for sharing your findings, very nice of you. I hope it will help others with the same problem in the future.

Have a great weekend

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 29 August 2014 05:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2007-01-15

Hi Dr.S
I still don’t understand why it works to a certain time then the texture vanish ? I will try some test after I’m done with this job !, If you have something in mind please share !

Posted: 29 August 2014 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

As I have no scene file here, I can only guess, which I always consider as not professional, as it takes a lot of time on both sides. I believe that you don’t like to share the original file, but a simlified version that shows that problem is always more welcome. Switch between Instances and no -instances, do you see a change in the Interactive Region Render?

Have you tried to place the particles in a Cloner Object, and go from there, materials on the child, not the Cloner Object itself?

If the scene file attached is not rendering as it should in both “render-worlds”, and if all the limitations listed from the Help-Content are not defining the problem, perhaps the Support needs to care about it.

[color: blue] Render Instances do however have a few drawbacks:
Render Instances are exact copies of the original geometry and cannot be deformed using Deformation objects.
Render Instances can only assume the current state of the original object and not different states of animation of the original object.
Render Instances should be made up of geometry because only geometry benefits from the corresponding advantages. Light sources, for example, will not work at all.
Objects that are a Child object of a Subdivision Surface object (i.e. serve as a source object for other objects) cannot be render instanced.
Sketch and Toon does not support Render Instances.

The most important differences between Render Instances and the original object:
Position, scale and rotation can be different.
They can have different materials (the original object must therefore have no material assigned to it).[/color]

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 29 August 2014 08:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Joined  2007-01-15

I totaly agree about giving the scene file and I agree, the thing here is I have this project that goes wrong from the beginning, nug error etc.. so the less I can spend time on it the better it will be smile nothing really change in the interactive region render as far as i check it, I just need to deliver this job asap after that I will be able to dive into it to figure out what excatlly append !

As usual thanks you very much Dr S !
Cheers

Posted: 29 August 2014 09:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Thank you, Greg.

I had set up a little scene to test all the possible variables (can we ever get all?), and my IRR changes in some cases.
If you have time—after the project—perhaps you take a look at that file.

Have a nice and long weekend

Sassi

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d0etateab8jlgxc/CV2_r15_drs_14_TXrr_01.zip?dl=0

Signature 

NEW: