A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Are there others like vertex pusher, and GSG?
Posted: 23 August 2014 02:55 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2013-11-02

I look for and find as many resources as I can to learn more about c4d, and have recently found a site called vertex pusher.  I haven’t bought his tutorials yet, but it looks interesting.  So my question is are there other c4d tutorial sites like his?  Up until now I’m only using cineversity and greyscalegorilla.  So if you have any to add to the the list that’d be great. smile

Posted: 23 August 2014 04:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Check in here ( http://www.maxon.net/education/overview.html ) from time to time.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 25 August 2014 08:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  95
Joined  2006-07-27

Lynda.com, Digital Tutors, Motionworks, HelloLux, CG Motionbox, C4D Cafe, and CMIVFX, are the first ones that pop into my head apart from the ones you have mentioned.  Each one of these resources has a different format / focus / revenue model, but suffice it to say there are numerous avenues by which to expand your C4D skill-set.  An order of magnitude more than when I first started wink

Forums are also a great resource.  This one, CG Talk, Creative COW, and the forums at C4D cafe are probably the best resources to researching specific problems / scenarios.  To that end, I will say that the good Dr Sassi has never failed to provide answers or guidance to any issue or scenario I have thrown at him, even ones which baffle the veterans of other forums.

Signature 

These pretzels are making me thirsty.

Posted: 25 August 2014 09:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks a lot, Will. :o)

Didn’t I see a lot of your work at Lynda? In the Audio section ;o) Well done, but certainly just what you like to work with, music.

Have a great evening

Sassi

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 25 August 2014 09:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Total Posts:  95
Joined  2006-07-27

Yeah, I worked on a handful of courses in my year at Lynda across a range of disciplines, but the biggest one by far was Audio Recording Techniques for which I created almost 2 full hours of 2 and 3D animated graphic content over the course of about 8 months.  They actually brought me in specifically because of my knowledge of audio and abilities with Cinema and After Effects (which I guess is a rare combination?).  Understanding the content of a course is crucial to being able to illustrate its principles accurately.  It was a lot of hard work, but a great time with some very talented folks.  Thank you for your kind words on the work.

These days, I am making graphics for major sporting broadcast.  A package I designed for Germany’s Sky Sports was just put to air this past weekend and involved the use of the relatively new NCam real-time optical tracking technology, and presently I am build parts of a package for CBS’ Thursday Night Football program.  Along the way, you’ve helped me considerably with all of these endeavors, and I am grateful to both you, and the Cinema and After Effects communities at large for making helpful advice and solid instructional content so accessible..

Signature 

These pretzels are making me thirsty.

Posted: 26 August 2014 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Sounds all great, Will, congratulations!

I think to have a combination of knowledge, e.g., music and C4D/Ae, is always a plus. It is true for medical areas, architecture and so on. With your expertise these series over at Lynda have gotten a much better presentation, needless to say they exceed easily “talking heads” presentations.

Besides that, to know the pipeline is key, C4D and Ae is a great couple, this pipeline got better and better over the years. You’re spot on, if I may say so. :o)

Yes, nice to see your work becomes published, well done.

Have a great day

Sassi

Signature 

NEW: