A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

import jpeg sequence
Posted: 22 April 2014 09:50 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2014-03-03

I’m importing a jpeg sequence into a material and having trouble getting it to animate.  I hit calculate and the movie doesn’t play in the viewport?  I remember jun the past finding a tip about something i need checked, or unchecked in the configure tab, but can’t remember?

Tom

Posted: 22 April 2014 12:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Tom,

Go to your material—there to the channel where the texture/sequence is, and click there on the little preview image. This will lead you to a new “window” inside the material and shows three tabs in it: Basic; Shader; Animation. Click on the Animation tab. Here you find an option to “calculate”. Click on it.

Below of that is a pulldown-menu: Simple; Loop; Ping-Pong. If left to “Simple” and the sequence is shorter than the Scene file duration, you might not see any change after a single run through the footage!

In the material channel list (left sided) you find as well an entry called Editor, and after clicking on this word, the window which will open contains the option to check “Animate”.

If it doesn’t work now, the last thing that might can go wrong (happened, sparely in the past) is, that the application can’t find the rest of the sequence. If that is so, we need to help CINEMA 4D to find the footage. This can be done by placing all in the Tex folder close to the scene file or setting up a Preferences>Files>Texture Paths.

I hope that will give you all you need. If everything fails, try to “Save with Assets”, the new Tex folder should have all the jpgs then.

I have used in the images (below) a jpg sequence. To show the change, I picked the image with the “2” first (not that I suggest that as a good practice, not at all, ;o), but it shows the progress and the influence of the Editor>Animate option. I like to have my sequences numbered as my scene files. If you work in a team or with others, check if they like the starting frame named zero or one, to avoid problems in the communication. Perhaps a minor point, it will not affect C4D how it is numbered.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 22 April 2014 07:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2014-03-03

Thanks.  It was the preview box in the material editor.  I always forget that. 

Tom

Posted: 22 April 2014 07:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

You’re welcome, Tom.

My best wishes for the project

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]