A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

MoGraph, Tracer
Posted: 19 March 2014 12:55 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2009-08-26

I am using the tracer object to follow a star spline or a matrix object. I am rotating my object over time from start frame to end frame.
The problem I am having is that my tracer starts off tight but becomes elongated as it continues forward. I need it to be a cage with equal distances in between.

I am going to attach a file that shows what I am attempting to build, exactly what I am trying to build. This Angioplastic cage needs to grow over time and maintain its shape.

Thanks,

Gregory

Posted: 19 March 2014 11:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Gregory,

I have attached a scene file, please have a look.

First I build this cage. I use for the “Stars” a “Linear” interpolation of the keyframes, so the cage is even, from start to finish.

In the moment the cage is done, you can select the Tracer and use the Object Manager>Objects>Current State to Object (CStO)—to get a static spline cage.

The new cage needs to be animated in its scale parameter S.X and S.Y at the same time time.

(If you like to build this cage as animation and then stretch it, you have first the Tracer visible and in the moment you need it, the CStO version of it. I assume the CStO is the only part that moves inside the vein.)

All the best

Sassi

File Attachments
CV2_r15_drs_14_ANsc_01.c4d.zip  (File Size: 33KB - Downloads: 232)
 Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 20 March 2014 08:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Perhaps the Spline Wrap does a better job with the Tracer results.
Just a little sketch. The scale and animation (path) work is done inside of the Spline Wrap.

File Attachments
CV2_r15_drs_14_ANsc_11.c4d.zip  (File Size: 49KB - Downloads: 188)
 Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

‹‹ Q&A_miscellaneous      cloth and cappucino ››