A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

painting on baked sculpted object
Posted: 03 March 2014 04:31 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-10-12

I can’t seem to figure out how to paint on an object that I’ve sculpted and baked.  I’ve tried painting first and then baking it but it doesn’t seem to work. I tried adding the pre-baked painted material to the baked object without any luck as well. Is there a good simple tutorial about the proper sequence of steps to take. Preferably as simple as a subdivided cube with a line pulled out on it and then baked and painted (or painted and baked) that shows and explains the settings and steps taken.

thank you

Posted: 03 March 2014 05:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Norizso,

If you can share a small (really the smallest that shows the problem) object in the “Cineversity Q&A” Forum, I will have a look into it.

After reading your questions/request here, I have set up a small object, which I have a) baked and b) just use the Current state to Object—to see what I get.

(Make in any case certain that you do not recalculate the UV if you have already painted, and save the painted texture before you bake. Check in the baked results if that texture is linked. If so, check in Body Paint 3D that the texture is loaded: gree arrow instead of a red X)

In both cases I was able to paint on them. Raybrush Render View of course if displacement is utilized, I used R15 and I tested it practically as sometimes “things” changes.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

‹‹ Q&A_miscellaneous      Team Render set up ››