A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Team Render approach for single-user and home network
Posted: 07 September 2013 03:08 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2007-05-28

Posting here even though it might be a tech support type question.  I’ll feed back the response if I have to go to support to get it, just to close the loop.

I have a single license through MSA, which allows me to use Cinema on both my desktop and laptop systems.  I want to use Team Render as a way to add a bit more speed to my renders.  However, opening Cinema on both systems results in a serial number conflict due to both systems using the same serial and being on the same network.

So this suggests that in order to do team render I need to install the Team Render client on one or both of my systems as well, even though I have the full Cinema install there as well.  That’s only if there’s no other way to make one of my systems a team render client only without the additional install (i.e. using the full desktop Cinema R15 install it already has).

Anyone already gone through this setup that might have some suggestions?

Posted: 07 September 2013 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Ryan,

So far I can only tell that the app is checking if the license is in use already. As you need for Team-Render a net work, this check will be done in the same connection probably. Such it is done since years in many other apps, and sometimes even with plug ins already.

I think the Client installation is the way to go, if I got your question correctly.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 09 September 2013 06:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2013-08-06

Hi Ryan,
I’m in exactly same situation like you. I’m the owner of a small postproduction studio, and most of the time is just me working.
what I did is I installed the cinema r15 studio in my main machine, a MacPro 2x2.4 quad core and then I installed Team render in another similar Mac Pro, in a Macmini and in my MacBook Pro. Even if I got C4D in my macbook installed (for homework) If I tried to open it brings a serial collision error. So I just leave the app for working at home and I start up all the team renders client as soon as I get into my office studio.

by the way is super fast and easy to setup

Posted: 03 March 2014 04:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2014-03-03

In the same situation setting up on a home network.  Where does one find the Team Render Client?

Posted: 03 March 2014 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi MP,

As I don’t have the distribution DVD or the standard download here, I hope the following helps.

Quoting from the manual:
Manual Reference> CINEMA 4D> CINEMA 4D Visualize, Broadcast, Studio
Team Render
General

Tip:
If you have at least one Team Render client installed via the installer, this entire program directory can be copied to other computers without using the installation DVD

In that way, go to your MAXON folder, where the main app is installed and check if you have the clients there as well. See image. Note - it says: “...this entire program directory…”

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]