A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Requesting breakdown of a motion graphics piece
Posted: 26 February 2014 09:44 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-06-10

Hi I am a beginner Cinema 4D user and I have a question about a motion graphics piece that I watched.

Here is the link to the video: http://www.takafumitsuchiya.com/MTV-World-Groove

What I would like to know is how the artist might have created the infinite floor/plane look as in the image that I have attached to this post.

Is there a method to create an infinite floor without actually placing a really huge plane?

Posted: 27 February 2014 12:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Jae Won Lee,

The Floor Object (see attached image) is the one you might consider for this. It is an object which renders to the horizon. (Horizon means here the “infinite” ending of the object, or in Perspective terms, where the vanishing points would be.)

If you like you can move and rotate this object, as well use as many of them as you like.

To texture it, use a Shader or a large tiled Texture. As the Object has no UV information, you might prefer to use the “Flat” projection, or any other “non UVW” option. Camera Projection might be an idea as well.

If the horizon is a little bit “jaggy” you might check the Help Content about MIP/SAT: Reference CINEMA 4D> CINEMA 4D Prime> Material Manager> Material Properties / Material Editor

You headline of this thread “Requesting breakdown of a motion graphics piece” would be best placed in the “Request Tutorial” forum, if the whole process is of interest.

The Sky-Object is a second object with such qualities, but not flat—it is an infinite sphere.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]