A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

About searching for help
Posted: 27 November 2013 05:07 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2013-11-02

Hello.  I’m still new to Cinema 4d.  I’d like to learn everything there is to know about a specific effector.  But I don’t see anything in the tutorials, or wiki.  And I’ve searched through the forums as well, but see nothing.  It’s the shader effector that I’d like to know about, but more importantly I’d like to know where to go when I want to research more about a particular node/effector.  Thanks!

Posted: 27 November 2013 05:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2013-11-02

AHa!  Just found it!  just right click on the button in the munu and select help.  Don’t know if there’s more out there for specific nodes, but if there is, please let me know.  I need all the help I can get, lol. smile

Posted: 27 November 2013 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Gabeartist,

Thanks for the fast update :o)

The Shader Effector has one major misunderstood. It doesn’t bring “shaders” or “textures” onto the clones. With that out of the way, the idea of the Effector is simply to use a texture or a shader space to pick up values from it.

Effectors have mostly the Paramaeter field in common. Position, scale and Rotation can be set up here in general. But how much each clone will receive from this setting is then a question of each Effector and how it works.

The Plain Effector uses the values as given, just 100%, if not limited by the fall-off for example.

To change for each clone the Parameter can be done in most Effectors differently. Lets have a look how the Shader Effector does this.

Think of a texture that would be normally on a larger object, go to a specific point and you get R,G,B, values. Values from 0-100% for the shader (if the texture is in 8 or 16 bit/c.) Values between black and white. If white or 100% the parameters will be set to the clone with no change. If the texture is black (where the clone is) then no change for this clone. Any value between (or above) will then multiplied with the parameter. If there is 25% gray, then the parameter will get only a quarter of influence to the specific clone.

This allows for animations and many other options, such as painting with BodyPaint 3D the values on a texture (If applied to a “canvas”—will say a plane-object for example)

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]