A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Mograph Cloning - Adjust Y Scale and Have Y Spacing Adjust Accordingly
Posted: 26 November 2013 02:06 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-06-22

Hi Everybody,

I have been trying to figure out this problem for sometime.  I really need to find a solution that works pretty seamlessly in Mograph.  I am wanting to be able to clone an object and step both the Y Scale and Y Spacing to proportionally.  For some reason, I can only ever get the Y Scale to step properly but I cannot adjust the Y Spacing to maintain contact regardless of the adjustment to the Y Scale.  The attachment demonstrates the issue I run into.  I want to be able to clone objects in succession that slowly squash and still interlock tightly.  Please advise if there is a technique for this.

Thank You,
Andrew

Posted: 26 November 2013 04:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Andrew,

In the moment you like to have scale and distance in sync, you have to have the scale progressively on each clone. With that, I have in mind, that the scale of a single object starts,e.g., at 1.3. and ends at 1.4.
This is not possible with a Cloner Object, as the Clone will receive only one time a scale and not over the size of it. (If the next clone is just a step larger in scale, it will not fit to the shape of the former).

I have assumed here that the size of the clone is always the same, just a single clone as source. If the connection among each progressively scaled clone is not mandatory, you might tell us, and it makes things a little bit easier to explore. Not that I would have right now a solution.

The only precise way I can see is to clone without distant change and scale—and—use then a deformer for all of this. In this way you can create a seamless contact among progressively scaled objects.

All the best

Sassi

P>S.: as I do not know you specific case here, perhaps you check out how to scale a Matrix-Object (a simple plane!) progressively, and set then the objects to the Edges, with the scale accordingly. Just thought.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]