A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Pstorm vs Pborn and optimize?
Posted: 12 November 2013 07:11 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  298
Joined  2010-04-13

Hi folks, hope all is well-can you please tell me, the fundamental difference between Pborn, and Pstorm, and under what circumstances I would use one versus the other?-also, how and when to use ” optimize”, which is an option for some of the Xpresso nodes, thank you-Craig

Signature 

Craig

Posted: 12 November 2013 07:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Craig,

Thanks for asking, I hope you are doing fine as well.

PBorn and PStorm are identical, except that the PBorn node has no options for any movement of the particles. (With no movement comes also no position of such). PBorn just produces a certain amount of particles based on the options that you have set up. PStorm can introduce a lot of initial motion.

Optimize
This command has a different effect depending on whether you select it from a node, an XGroup or the XPresso Editor.
If Optimize is selected from a node’s context menu, the node is scaled to the smallest size at which its name and ports are visible.
If Optimize is selected from an XGroup’s context menu, the XGroup is scaled to the smallest size at which all its nodes and XGroups can be seen.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 12 November 2013 07:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  298
Joined  2010-04-13

Thanks Dr. Sassi, my suspicions were correct regarding “The P’s”-I thought that the optimize had something to do with workability of the nodes, but just sounds like a ” good house keeping kind of thing”, thank you-CZ

Signature 

Craig

Posted: 12 November 2013 07:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

You’re welcome, Craig.

:o)

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

‹‹ Q&A_miscellaneous      Cross TeamRendering ››