A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

expresso 101 20_20
Posted: 28 October 2013 11:58 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2008-02-08

Hello,

I am trying to use the bitmap node and I would like to connect some texture link to its filename input port in order to output the heigth and width of the texture.

I can’t find a way to connect anything to the filename input port. How can I access the filename of a texture link ?

Many thanx.

Jérôme

Posted: 28 October 2013 01:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

You have to create a node for the shader by dragging the shader preview into your Xpresso window. It’ll be called Bitmap if the shader is a texture file, but it’s not a “Bitmap” node, it’s an Object node for the shader and it’s named Bitmap because that’s the type of shader it references.

In the Shader node you’ll have a File output in the Shader Properties group. You can link that to a Bitmap node to get the dimensions.

I’m not aware of a way (without Python or COFFEE nodes) to get the Shader instance from a Material node. I think for that you’d have to use a Python or COFFEE node.

HTH.
Rick

Posted: 28 October 2013 02:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2008-02-08

Thx Rick.

It would be useful to be able to link any texture in it.

thx a lot