A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Blend shape export issues from c4d to maya or Motionbuilder
Posted: 17 October 2013 02:44 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2007-05-26

Hello does anyone know of a way to export Blend shapes in a FBX from c4d to maya or motionbuilder? 

Oddly version c4d 10 old way of creating bleandshapes “posemixer” will work. R11 or R12 I recall allowed you to use the posemixer but I cant find it in R13 or R15. I tried relative and absolute everything I can think of and not having any luck.

Anyone know of a solution or plugin to convert ?  Thanks!

Posted: 17 October 2013 03:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

Hi Cam,

R15 should now import and export PoseMorph poses as blend shapes when using the FBX 2013 format. I don’t think there’s a specific option to enable it on export - I’m pretty sure they always export. On import, make sure the Poses option is enabled under the Mesh group.

Posted: 18 October 2013 03:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2007-05-26

Thanks Rick I can get it now in Maya though still not in Motionbuilder. Welcome new improvement.

By the way Certain objects wont show up in motion builder. They will be in the nav tree but are not visible.  I can fix by importing to Maya first but wondered if you knew what might be going on.  I tried reversing the normals. Anyway any tips would be appreciated.

Posted: 20 October 2013 07:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Cam,

Have you tried to go from C4D to Maya to MB? How is that working for you? Perhaps my logic is nothing more than based on pure assumptions here, but shouldn’t be the FBX import options for Autodesk products are all the same, as Autodesk is the author of it?

If you find a flaw of the FBX that CINEMA 4D writes out, please get in contact with the support.
http://www.maxon.net/support/support-questions.html
Thank you.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 28 October 2013 01:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24
cam - 18 October 2013 03:57 PM

By the way Certain objects wont show up in motion builder. They will be in the nav tree but are not visible.  I can fix by importing to Maya first but wondered if you knew what might be going on.  I tried reversing the normals. Anyway any tips would be appreciated.

If you could submit a test file to tech support, they can pass this on to the dev team and hopefully track it down. I don’t have MotionBuilder handy to do any testing.