A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Plugins in R15
Posted: 09 September 2013 10:32 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  97
Joined  2010-08-21

I was on Nitro4d’s website and I read that all or most of his plugins needed updating for R15. I have not even downloaded the demo version yet but I am wondering if this would be the case for all of the plugins for this version. And I am wondering if the very useful Cineversity plugins (ArtSmart, PlaneSmart, Selection Manager, etc.) also need updating if we update to R15. Thanks.

Posted: 09 September 2013 11:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2006-05-17

For the most part any plugin created via python will need a recompile as the encryption for python plugins has been improved.
As far as I know Rick has updated the the affected plugins on CV already, so these should be fine, but I will double check with him in the morning when the offices open.
From what I understand C++ plugins should be fine, but I wouldn’t hold me to that statement wink All I know is that the few C++ plugins that I used before R15 was released worked fine once I had updated serials.

Posted: 27 September 2013 11:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2010-08-21

I downloaded the demo for R15 and tried out the plugins but could not get the CV Selection Manager to even show up at all in the Plugins menu.

Posted: 10 October 2013 05:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

The R15 compatible CV Selection manager is now available in the Files download here: http://www.cineversity.com/vidplaytut/CV_selection_manager_download

Posted: 10 October 2013 11:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Joined  2010-08-21

The new recompile of the Selection Manager worked perfectly on the R15 Demo. Thanks.

Posted: 17 October 2013 02:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Total Posts:  138
Joined  2012-04-04

It’s been a month since I inquired about an update to the Natural Selection tools in another thread.  Searching for “Natural Selection” in the tutorials now brings up the pertinent tutorials, but downloading the files gives you the same, old, non-functional scripts created in 2007.  I mainly want the Normal Select functionality, but that’s not working in R15.

As an aside, I’ve never understood why these tools aren’t simply included with Cinema 4D.  These seem like pretty fundamental tools.  Why restrict them only to those who subscribe to Cineversity?

Thanks.

Shawn Marshall
Marshall Arts Motion Graphics