A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

About the Help discription of the Fracture Object :
Posted: 19 July 2013 09:05 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2007-04-13

Am i missing something here or is the Help example on the Fracture Explode segments simply not true.
I put it up excactly the same but the Torus doesn’t explode the polygons randomly . It just moves/ rotates/ scales all the polygons in the same parametric value and in no way like the picture in the example.
The effect as shown in the example only happens when i add an explosion effect to the torus with a 1% strength and zero speed.

Posted: 19 July 2013 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Powetri,

The text assumes that the object is split into “Segments” already. “Explode Segments” is the option you are referring to. To take a “Torus” and make it editable, results in a single “Segment”. In that way, each polygon moves in the same way, as it is part of the one segment.

To get the result of the Help-Content, one needs to create out of each polygon a segment. This is typically done by using the “Split” command (former done with the Spline>Explode). You find it under Mesh>Commands>Split. While using it, uncheck the “Preserve Group” option.

If you are looking for this effect, but you do not like to split it in the first place, the MoGraph>PolyFX is the way to go.

All the best

Sassi

File Attachments
CV2_r14_drs_13_MGfr_01.c4d.zip  (File Size: 73KB - Downloads: 134)
 Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 19 July 2013 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2007-04-13

Hi Sassi

Thanks for the fast reply. I remembered the split but forgot to uncheck the preserve groups on disconnect. dûh
I was trying to find out which method did the fastes calculations in dynamics, where the falling torus polygons should not
“leak” through the colliderplaneand at the same time use as many defaults as possible.
It looks like using polyfx and softbody settings, the collider plane needs no more than 34*34 segments. That’s ok with me.

greetz
Henk

Posted: 19 July 2013 12:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hey Henk,

Sounds like you found your settings :o)

I wish you a great weekend and lots of success with the project

Sassi

P.S. a good indicator for Object segmenting is the Color mode set to on (Random Effector)—see image. “Explode Segments”

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]