A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

New AE+C4D integration availability
Posted: 17 April 2013 01:53 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2007-05-28

Maybe I missed it, but with the exciting announcement of the new super-tight integration of C4D into After Effects, I didn’t see any mention of availability.  Specifically when that would be available and from whom?  Clearly it’s a new Adobe capability so a new AE update will cover it, but will it be part of the C4D R14 release (in terms of the “Lite” version but most importantly for those of us currently licensed - will it contain support for the full version of C4D R14 or will a new release of C4D be required for this integration?

sorry if this has been covered somewhere but I didn’t see any mention on the Maxon press-release or marketing page, nor in this forum…

Posted: 17 April 2013 02:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hey Ryan,

Any R12-R14 file should be able to be used in Cineware.

When Adobe likes to release “CSnext” is not to my personal knowledge.
If you have R14, you might not use the lite version, from my point of view.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 17 April 2013 02:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2007-05-28

Okay, so it sounds like it’s all in Adobe’s court.  That’s good to know, so I’ll watch them for release notification.  I’m part of Adobe Creative Cloud so I should get that as soon as it’s available, hopefully.  Thanks!

Posted: 17 April 2013 04:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Hey Ryan,

You will certainly find any news about that here. I think this is just a great new option to have.

I look forward to its public release, certainly lots to explore and discuss. :o)

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 22 April 2013 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2006-11-30

Hey Ryan:

Cineware (the bridge between C4D and AE) is built into the next version of After Effects. So it will be shipped by Adobe. Cineware is actually compatible with R12, R13 and R14.

CINEMA 4D Lite (the limited C4D version that comes with the next AE) is based on R14 and like Cineware is built into After Effects. It will not be made available separately by Maxon.

Best,
Paul

Posted: 06 May 2013 06:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

As I promised it, the data given during the key-note of the MAX -conference: JUNE 17.

All products (except Acrobat or LightRoom) now CC, which means cloud only.

I chatted with the sales reps of Adobe, there is no option any longer to buy a perpetual license,
as it was possible now over two decades. Subscription only, but as fresh as possible in updates.

You might get a nice deal for the cloud before July, if you have a perpetual license right now.

Another chat, this time with the tech support: I asked if cloud apps could be installed on an external drive.
They can be installed only on the drive that is the main drive Have enough space available.

Signature 

NEW: