A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Simulation Tag Question
Posted: 10 October 2022 09:06 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2022-06-25

Hi!
I am new to posting and so please forgive me if this has already come up and been answered. I tried looking for answers first but am not seeing exactly what I need help with.

I have created a model of an IV extension set. It won’t actually be animated, but I am wanting the final render to look as if gravity is affecting the model. I have used a spline wrap to add all of the parts of the IV extension set to a spline. I then added a rope simulation tag which for the majority of the objects is working out okay. There is a part in the middle (I added a pink material to it) however that is not behaving quite right.

1. This object is hard plastic and so I believe it needs a rigid body or something added to it so that the piece doesn’t curve with the spline, but I can’t seem to figure it out.
2. The piece in question has a split path, the tubing needs to exit the other part of the fork and I can’t figure out how to do that with the spline wrap. I tried an align to spline tag, but then the object isn’t affected by gravity and the spline falls through the object.

I apologize, I hope you can somewhat understand what I am asking. I know I may not be asking the questions right.

Posted: 11 October 2022 10:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2022-06-25

Sorry, I just wanted to add that the pink material I applied, was just to point out the object. When I reread the post I realized it sounded like part of the issue was with the pink material. My only intention was to point out the part of the model that was giving me the issue.

Posted: 11 October 2022 05:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi anna.pinkgirl,

The way I would do it is to create a spline very close to your final layout. The height of the spline is just enough to be a little bit more over the ground as needed, and the second half of it is high enough to keep the tube diameter in mind, so lightly above it.

Where the Y-Splitter is, have the points of the Spline Fixed (Rope Tag) and support it with a shape, so they don’t fall flat on the ground.

Use the cache option; with that, you can find along the timeline the best result for your project. Use the Current State To Object function, and perhaps on this new copy, fine-tune the connection to the splitter.

Here is an example:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3xyc0cu0k7otc4m/CV3_2023_22_SIte_01.c4d.zip?dl=0

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]