A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Out of memory?
Posted: 13 May 2022 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  80
Joined  2019-07-22

I’m getting an “Out of Memory” error when I try opening a current file - first time I’ve seen that. The file worked fine last evening, but this morning I can’t open it. I tried opening a backup and got a “Incorrect File Structure” error - also for the first time.

I’m using the Vector object in the Out of Memory file, that’s the only thing that’s unique about it.

I’m sharing files between two machines - and I get the same error on both machines. There may be a slight difference in the R25 version - one might be slightly behind the other.

Brought my whole operation to its knees. Any ideas on troubleshooting?

Troublesome files attached.

File Attachments
Error_Messages_Mailer.zip  (File Size: 357KB - Downloads: 73)

Posted: 13 May 2022 01:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Total Posts:  80
Joined  2019-07-22

One additional variable: The files were composed on the internal drive of Machine 1, then the file was copied over to an external drive to be accessed by Machine 2. The “Out of Memory” error occurred when Machine 2 attempted to open the file on the external drive. I reconnected the external drive to Machine 1 and tried opening the same file, and got the same error “Out of Memory.”

Sharing files this way - copying back and forth to an external drive - is our standard operation, and I’ve never seen this issue before. Typically the only errors are locating textures left behind on the internal drive. However, I’ve not been “in-between” versions before; in the past we’ve been in sync.

Posted: 13 May 2022 04:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi fordmar,

Thanks for the files. So sorry about your trouble.

The first one, out of memory, is very small. When you place a sphere in a new scene, make it editable and save the file, it is already bigger than the “Out of Memory” file. This feels like the file was not entirely written. What does your backup file (AutoSave) tell you, size-wise?

The other one is larger, but I can also reproduce the problem.

I checked if I could merge or use XRef, while having a quick look into the file (via text app), and it loos like a c4d file.
That you have two files with a strong problem makes me suggest checking your hard drives and the network.

Anyway, nothing that I can do here, so please check with the support:

https://www.maxon.net/en/support-center

Fingers crossed they have an answer for you

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]