A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Emitters and Clones
Posted: 29 November 2020 04:13 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2020-11-28

So I have an animation of a few trains going around a break dancer, and i wanted to add sparks to the bottom carriage where the wheels meet the tracks.

The model of the train is dropped into a cloner set to radial and its spinning around the dancer.

I created my sparks using emitters (regular emitters not thinking particles) in C4D and parented it to my train but for some reason it doesn’t move with the train. It just stays in one place emitting the sparks.

I’m not sure what im doing wrong, is this a limitation of emitters and clones? I tried baking the emitter or using a constraint tag but that didnt work.

Posted: 29 November 2020 06:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi it,

The problem with Particles in Cloners is not if they get to work or not as clones. The main problem is that the sparks normally fly in one direction, independent from any other spark. If they get cloned, the spray of the clones will look like they are connected. See example …01.c4d and …21.c4d. For example, in file …11.c4d I have placed just emitters under a Null and rotated the Null.

My suggestion set up a new Cloner with a Standard Emitter as a child. Then use the c key while this Cloner is active. You get a lot of Standard Emitters, then. So far, I understand the trains are moving around in a circle—Animated the new “cloner” Null like in example …11.c4d.

Now the sparks are flying around based on their initial direction, and not like a volume.

Example 01-21
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/5Ndw5OARF1JCMBWXUKSK8OauLnt2Lc2oZ1bht6Bf4wU

If I had an example file with cubes as wagons, I would have maybe a different idea.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 16 December 2020 02:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2020-11-28

Hey, I apologize for the late reply. Thank you for creating the example files they were very helpful. The issue I still had was lining up the sparks exactly where I needed them so I exported out an Alembic file and attached the sparks that way.

Posted: 16 December 2020 02:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

You’re very welcome, it.

Sounds like the example was close.

If there is anything else, please let me know. I’m happy to look into it.

My best wishes

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]