A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Character Rigging in R12: Mirroring
Posted: 04 July 2012 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2012-06-27

Also, how does the pelvis get constrained? It’s like there is a missing tutorial but I can’t seem to find it ><

Posted: 04 July 2012 12:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2006-05-17

That does seem to be the case.
I checked the back-end and there does seem to be any trace of the video (all videos have numeric IDs and there is no missing number in the sequence.)
I’ll try contacting Kai and seeing if he has a copy still…although it was some time ago so he might not.
Other than that there might be a video somewhere else…but no guarantees.

The foot controller stuff you figured out though.
As for constraining the controllers, you want to create constraint tags on the null objects that contain the various parts of the rig.
So for the pelvis you would add a PSR contraint to the “pelvis” joint. then in the constraint tag you need to set the “pelvis.CON” as the target.

To control the hand goal you will want to make the “r/l_wrist.goal” children of the their respective “r/l_hand.CON” splines.

Anyway, hopefully that helps out.

Thanks for letting us know about the issue and I’ll be sure to post once I find out if we still have a copy of this video anywhere.

Posted: 06 July 2012 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2012-06-27

Understood, thank you Patrick!