A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Depth Of Field .. does not work..Anyone know the reason?
Posted: 15 June 2012 01:15 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2012-04-10

I made c4d file for test..
but,the DOF did not work In R13.with Physical render.

See the attached c4d file
Do you know the reason?

File Attachments
physical.zip  (File Size: 512KB - Downloads: 180)

Posted: 15 June 2012 01:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi CarpenterYoon,

Works fine here. Please keep in mind that the Blur Front/Rear settings for the Blur Map have no effect on the calculation, they are there for the calculations of DOF effects outside of the Physical Render.

The Settings that you have in the camera as well as in the scale of the scene are just a nice start point for an effect like that, but the DOF area based on my calculator here is 1.6m to 2.2m, the area of no blur effects. So the effect is slowly starting to grow beyond and before this.

Normally I see that people use 100m large objects and have 700 to 1200m distance to the objects, which allows in most cases already to use the Hyperfocal point before the objects, and with that everything is sharp, no Bokeh effect, no blur. (... even with nearly extreme settings, a reason why I suggest to leaner a DSLR in and out)

Set your scene to an F1.2 and check again. The DOF distance should be then ~17cm only, so a very nice DOF-Blur effect.

I hope that helps.

All the best

Sassi

P.S.: I use here the Lens•Lab from Jeff Menter. (fair use/education only)

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]