A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Modeling mode blown out white and black by lights
Posted: 06 March 2020 04:24 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2020-01-18

When I am in modeling mode the Corona lights seem to light the scene up all white and black, so I can’t see what I’m doing.  Is there a way to get rid of all of that black and white so I just see the parts of the model?  I think I turned all of the lights off individually once, except for the sky, and then it looked normally colored and I could distinguish between parts of the model. Is there a way to do that quickly or another mode I should choose? Not to mention that the symbol for the light gets lost on the white. Thank you.

Posted: 06 March 2020 04:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi fmhsketch,

That is perhaps more a question for the Corona Community/Forum.

I do not have nor use Corona, but my first step would be to place a light on my camera as a child. So far I was able to read the Corona Documentation, Cinema 4D native lights will work, except for ambient lights (they will be seen as standard lights.)

Anyway, I don’t like to guess, as it will most likely only waste time on both sides.

My main question would be, why do you need to have Corona running during modeling?

Good luck with the Corona Forum.

Cheers

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 06 March 2020 05:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2020-01-18

Whoops I got mixed up with the Corona plug-in I’m using and Cinema4D.  Thank you for all your answers to my Cinema questions in the past, though.  Good you let me know, I was just about to send you another question about Corona lights leaving shadows.  Corona is a plug-in, not sure how to have it “not running” when modeling.

Posted: 06 March 2020 05:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks for understanding, fmhsketch.

I just clicked through some tutorials, and this gave me the impression that the viewport is not mandatorily taken over by Corona.
In the Main Menu> Corona> Interactive Viewport, you might find your answer.
https://youtu.be/Y0DsQW2tvPc?t=40 

Again, I like to work with scene files and things that I can check if it works or not. Screenshots contain very little information. E.g., how are the preferences set up, what parts of the plugin are active, etc.? I can’t even see what camera set up you use (Not a request! I can’t answer it, I do not run Nvidia here, so not even an option to run the demo.)

There is a dozen+ 3rd party render available. I’m not sure if one can keep up with all plugins and renders while being savvy with the application (for all parts of it). Hence why I love to suggest the native fora for 3rd party apps.

My best wishes

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]