A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Sassi’s Playground
Posted: 09 January 2012 09:43 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  97
Joined  2010-08-21

I have enjoyed learning techniques from the “Sassi’s Playground” topic in the forum. I am wondering if you will keep this topic going in the new Cineversity 2.0.

Many Thanks

Posted: 09 January 2012 09:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2006-04-04

Hey, Vrauckis.

Thanks a lot, very nice of you.
So far I uncertain where to place it.

I will keep your positive suggestion in mind. :o)

Have a great day.

Sassi

Signature 

This is one of my old accounts please do not use it for PMs or other communications. I will not receive it. Sorry. Check the avater of teh newer posts in the forum, that should always work nicely.

Posted: 07 May 2012 02:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  298
Joined  2010-04-13

Hi Dr. Sassi, long time ; )-I agree with Vraukis, I ALWAYS looked forward to my daily dose of Dr. Sassi’s Playground-please do let us know, where and when we can view more of your nuggets!-Craig

Signature 

Craig

Posted: 07 May 2012 02:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Craig,

The idea of that threat was to to share little ideas which may not need an tutorial wrapped around, or if more complex, that seasoned user here like to get the data in a scene file instead of investing more time to get the information.

I certainly have some little idea that would fit into that again, and my hope is always that they work like a little seed, and support the work of all artists here on Cineversity. Yes, the new forum seems to have stopped my flow, it was pretty quite in the forum, ...yes, most viewed thread so far, but numbers are just numbers ;o)

Let me think about it, thanks!

Have a good one

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 07 May 2012 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Total Posts:  97
Joined  2010-08-21

I know that creating something everyday for your playground can be a drain of your creativity for other endeavors (your ‘torrent’, for one). Perhaps you can modify the Playground to be a repository from Cineversity members of their own experiments and discoveries. You can moderate each submission for it’s worthiness to be included in the playground. Instead of Dr. Sassi’s Playground, it could be Cineversity Playground.

Posted: 07 May 2012 04:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hey Craig,

Yes the every day thingy is normally the way to get burned out. (Seriously). However, the best way I found is to post when something comes up to share. How to get a collection running with Artist/Member input, I have to think about it and discuss it. It could be a torrent. This would need to go then into a system, and be “curated” to keep it useful, which can turn easily into an full time job. So great idea, but it needs to be done in a useful way, at least that is my first thought about it. yet alone if ones idea is then used in production, who get credits, and maybe compensation. If I do that here, I do not expect to be named all over the place, but members should get their credit. how to deal with such.
I have had many ideas so far to get people more in exchange. Like I haven’t given up on a super user meeting combined with an animation/motion graphic film festival and still exhibition. To showcase and connect people as well to celebrate outstanding work with awards. Ideas, so far, so no reality at all.
I’m just an instructor here (even with the “Admin” stuff under my avatar). I like to share here my stuff as I understand the fusion word Cine(ma 4D)-Versity. So, more than tool based content. The idea of Sassi’s Playground had for me mostly the sub-idea: to motivate - to look again and combine. The main power of C4D is in its combinations, a concept that grows more and more and I hope to get soon (or later) a good idea of who to implement that here. Well currently I work on some new series.

So, again, I will keep your input in mind. Thanks already for it.

Have a good one

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]