A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Exporting/Baking Motion tracked Camera
Posted: 30 May 2018 10:58 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2017-09-25

Hello there,

anyone familiar with exporting/baking motion tracked camera from c4d?

I’ve done a successful track on a footage but I’d like to bring the camera into another c4d scene file. I’ve tried baking the camera, but it seems that the keyframes on the camera are locked to the nulls/trackpoints(deleting them deletes the keyframes)

When I copy the camera over to a new scene, I’m left with only the start and end positions of the camera.

Anyone have any ideas please?

Best Regards,

Posted: 30 May 2018 11:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi MBcgiadmin,

As usual, I do not reply based on memory. So, I loaded footage, took only a little clip from it (2070 to 2170) and tracked it. When the camera was oriented, I just selected the camera, copied it (cmd-c) and pasted it in a new scene (cmd-v) As you can see in the screen capture below, after pasting, it seemed to have lost everything; But it is based on the settings of the project (0-90). A quick fix is shown below, please have a look.

Screen capture:
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/wge6q4kn6eaHxGf1NFS6oBMexBvvk9rC0MRQvjtvqY3

Also in the link above is a second clip, using Cappucino to capture the motion of a new camera. Since Baking didn’t worked for you, this might do the trick. However, I baked a Copy from the tracked camera and everything worked nicely here!

Are you on the newest build?

The generated Camera, based on the Motion tracker, is key-framed with the results of the tracking. Any adjustments, as with the Motion tracking Tags will change the results. Think of these keyframes as “hot-wired”.However, a cmd+drag of this camera should produce a copy with “final” keyframes, final in regards of motion tracking introduced changes.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 31 May 2018 02:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2017-09-25

Hello Dr Sassi,

Thank you for your prompt and very informative reply! With the help of the your video examples,I’ve managed to work out what’s wrong.  The frames were there as you say, but they were moved forward some 300,000 frames from their original frame number. [Frame all] function in the timeline helped me to locate them and I moved them accordingly.

Thank you for taking the time to explain things so well!

Posted: 31 May 2018 02:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

This is great! Thank you very much, MBcgiadmin, for the feedback.

I’m really happy that it works now for you.

My best wishes for your project.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]