A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

PlaneSmart viewport problems in R14
Posted: 11 April 2013 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-05-09

I downloaded the Planesmart plugin yesterday. Installed the R13-R14 version into the plugins folder. It works fine in R13, but in R14 the alpha is not cutting out in the preview in the viewports. It renders fine, but I would like it to work correctly in the viewport. Attached are snapshots of the viewports in R13 and R14.

Any help would be much appreciated. I have lots of uses for this plugin if I can get it working correctly.

Thanks,
Joseph Cyr

Posted: 11 April 2013 05:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Joseph Cyr,

Have you rendered it and the same problem?

Do you mind to share the C4D with the PSD file?

I downloaded the plug-in newly and checked it. I have no problems here. Before I try to re-create the problem, your scene file might save some time in doing so.

One way to simulate this unwanted effect is to set the “Alpha>soft” (no checked) for example.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 11 April 2013 05:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2006-05-09

I updated my Cinema 4D to the latest version from the updates on the Maxon site. The PlaneSmart plugin is now working correctly with the latest update version of R14. Thanks for your input Dr. Sassi.

Now I’m off to using this plugin on lots of projects.

Thanks,
Joseph Cyr

Posted: 11 April 2013 05:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks for the reply Joseph Cyr!

Yes, I should always ask instead of assume that one is on the latest version ;o)

Nice that it works for you. Before this plug in was available, I did this manually for my JET movie (part one in the Making of, to get a clip done) I think it is amazing what one can do with such a technique. Good luck with your projects.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]