A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Character Rigging in R12: Testing Weights
Posted: 13 February 2013 05:19 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2012-09-08

hallo, want to ask about controllers.

I somehow missed where we joined controllers to IK joins ?, because suddenly in testing phase we are able to move with arm by arm_CON, but binding was set to joins & mesh only If I am right. I checked it twice, and do not think that by changing absolute positions of controllers would connect them to particular IK chains. Thank you.

Sincerely Jan

Posted: 13 February 2013 10:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2006-05-17

I think the missing video might have been lost in one of the database crashes…and the creator is no longer available.
IF you want to see a good video on setting up the rest of the controllers check out Bret’s biped rigging series, which is essentially the same thing, but without the mesh deformer.

In the interim, I would recommend downloading the project file from the “weight testing” video, and then explore the controller hierarchy.
The hands and feet should be fairly self apparent, as it is simply placing nulls under the controllers.
The thing that is less apparent is the pelvis, spine, and head.
For these you need to create a PSR constraint on the Pelvis, Spine, and Neck joints.
In the tags, the Pelvis.CON should be linked to the Pelvis joint, the Spine.CON should be linked to the Spine joint, and the Neck.CON gets linked to the Neck joint

Posted: 08 May 2013 10:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2012-09-08

Sorry for late respond.
Because of my low understanding for constraining & generally IK rigging that time I have skipped it and moved on to binding.
But just now I am finishing new rigging character/project & connected controllers the way you recommended with PSR constraint & made them child of Pelvis.CON.
Thank you for your help !

Sincerely Jan