A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Dynamics Help to create Matryoshka doll animation
Posted: 24 October 2012 11:35 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2006-07-25

Hello,
Im trying to figure this problem out without any luck. What I have is a Xmas Box with a lid. I want it to bounce like something is inside it without having the lid pop off, then as it settles I want the box to stay and the lid to pop off. I have to do this a few times having small xmas boxes inside them. My reference is the Matryoshka doll. I figured the best way would be to use dynamics but im having a problem setting the correct settings. I am proving the file to see if anyone can see what I am doing wrong.

Marco

File Attachments
Box.zip  (File Size: 209KB - Downloads: 240)

Posted: 25 October 2012 01:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Marco,

You might know my standard answer, I think Dynamic is great, but sometimes not a one button solution. I like control—but I know as well that Dynamic can produce some movements much more believable. The key is to know when to use which one or when to mix.

However, having said that. I see three steps. Box shakes (1), settles down (2) and a new jumps out (3). If I got it right, it repeats—Matryoshka.

(1+2) Three is no need to have in that state the Lit and Box separated, it can be one. Perhaps, you might use Cappucino to turn it into a Keyframe animation to that point, for that time frame.
(3) is the part where the model is tricky. The Dynamics setting in the Project Setting might be adjusted to a higher solving-setting(Steps/Iteration)

I have attached a scene file that handles the critical part. (Cube = Lit) Even in reality—do you get such a lit easy off the box? I don’t, except when I use both hands. The lit needs to be guided for that short moment. If that short distance is done, “we” release the guidance and everything will go its way. You might capture that (Cappucino perhaps), and add some wiggling to the guided part. Which means to wiggle to box as well a bit. Great when you have keyframes then. ;o)

Please keep in mind that you can always place a “proxy” object instead of the the “visible” object in the scene. With more distance, but with a different “Size Increment” (Rigid Tag)

I hope that helps to get it done.

Have a good one

Sassi

File Attachments
CV2_R14_DRS_12_DYdr_01.zip  (File Size: 28KB - Downloads: 245)
 Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]