A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

C4d 14 Hair Dynamics Resting
Posted: 09 October 2012 09:23 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2007-10-13

I cant figure out how to move my dynamics sim 60 frames and then have it rest, and use that as a starting point for my animation. I know there’s a button for this. Help?

thanks.

David

Posted: 09 October 2012 09:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi David,

Simulate>Hair Edit>Set As Dynamics

perhaps?

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 09 October 2012 09:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2007-10-13

Hmm.. i still get a bounce at the beginning. Wierd. ITs better than before.. maybe cache it first? Then set it?

Posted: 09 October 2012 09:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

David,

Do you want to have dynamics at all after you found the “rest-Position” on frame 60?

Best

Sassi

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 09 October 2012 09:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Joined  2007-10-13

Yes. I just want the animation rested at frame 0. I tried the cache. Didnt work.

Posted: 09 October 2012 09:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Joined  2007-10-13

Also.. im doing a tutorial where the hairs are referencing other hairs for animation. Its a tree. Theres the trunk, the branches, and the small branches that reference the branches (from the trunk). There’s a delay on the small branches and I cant figure out the priority. Generators/expressions/animations..

I don’t understand how this works. What setting would it be to get the most accurate sim?

thanks Dr.

David

Posted: 10 October 2012 01:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi David,

There is as well the Relax option inside of Hair>Dynamics>Animation. Perhaps this one?
——

A tutorial here on Cineversity? I might have missed it, sounds not familiar to me. Would you mind to share the link here.

Otherwise, as usual, a little simplified example scene,  with the set up that wont work.

Is there nothing in Patrick’s Hair series that would explain that? Sorry, I have only a little idea about your set up. Maybe Patrick has a better idea, since he made that series :o)

So far I have understand that hairs are the base for other ones and so on. Which sounds to me beyond of what is possible, if there is an back and fore influence in terms of dynamic. If the smallest and last elements receive external (wind etc) influences, they should then transfer that onto the base before and again and down to the trunk of the tree. The tree might get in motion and develop over the time some movement as well, which goes back up in the tree to the twig. I see cascading movements as well interference movements, combined with initial movements. In C4D there is only one tool to my knowledge that takes information twice into account, not the Hair. In that way, I have at the moment no idea how to set up a priority logic if the system should work as a complete dynamically system.

——

Could it be that you need to use a Friction Object? Just guessing wildly.

All the best
Sassi

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 10 October 2012 01:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Joined  2007-10-13

Here’s my file. Its so weird. I’m sure there’s a setting to keep the generated geometry close to the guides (the guides are accurate).

please check this out. Thanks.

File Attachments
treeHairDynamics.zip  (File Size: 201KB - Downloads: 189)

Posted: 10 October 2012 10:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi David,

The General>Priority Settings were set in a way that the small ones got calculated before the larger ones. I’m certainly not familiar with such a “dynamically cascading” style of Hair, so, I can only experiment.

I have set the Priorities from large object to small: Which means the smaller ones should have a higher number (=calculated after the bigger) If left alone (default) the object manager and their current position in it should work just fine. So, next point.

The whole set up looks like a root, so the question might be, do you need Gravity on these at all, as that seems to be the main influence in the set up. At least what influences the initial movement.

I switched in all three instances the Gravity to zero and used a Sphere as “Collider” and it worked nicely.

Besides that I relaxed everything (from large to small) and after each relaxing, the one in question was then “set as dynamics”.

Perhaps, there is something in my exploration that makes your scene work. Again, Hair was so far not in any of my productions in that cascading way, so no experience that count.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 11 October 2012 02:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Joined  2007-10-13

Do you have a file? Thanks Dr. I appreciate it.

Posted: 11 October 2012 02:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi David,

If it helps, of course you can have it.

Have a great day

Sassi

File Attachments
CV2_r14_drs_12_HAdy_01.zip  (File Size: 133KB - Downloads: 223)
 Signature 

NEW: