A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Video Problems
Posted: 27 August 2012 11:04 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  77
Joined  2011-12-01

Does anyone have any idea why I can’t view any videos on Cineversity once I login? I am a premium member. I can view the non member videos when I am not logged in but once I login I can’t see anything not even the non member videos. Has anyone else had this issue?? I used to not have any problem did something change in the last month or so? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The videos do not even try to load, all I see is a blank area where the video should be.

IE 9, flash etc… is all up to date.

Thanks again.

Posted: 27 August 2012 11:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Devoted,

First of all, I’m not in anyway involved with web-stuff here, nor with the tech. Thanks for submitting your data.

Have you tried any other browser? I test here different ones from time to time. One showed me that the Javascript was not enabled and caused the problem, other problems as well. My very private impression of this problem is, that the streaming needs some kind of communication that depends on several things to work, otherwise the content is not enabled for streaming. My suspicious is, that any kind of security, disables this communication, as I had over a period of time as well problems while my security was set too high, all based on my very own set ups here.

Well, as I said, I’m not the one in charge of this tech nor responsible, but I understand how annoying that is. Please use the “Contact Us” option so your data is on record and helps later on for several things. Crossing the fingers that this problem is soon solved. Again things like that are not nice and not really from any side wanted nor ignored, at least to my knowledge.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 28 August 2012 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2006-05-17

I also can not comment on the issue, contacting support is the best option.
I think a week or two ago there was an option added to the user prefs that allows you to choose the streaming server.
Perhaps try changing this option.
No clue if it will help, but it might be worth a shot.

Posted: 29 August 2012 11:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Joined  2011-12-01

I switched to Google chrome and it works. Not sure why is stopped working in IE must be a security issue or something. I did turn off all the browser security to test but it still didn’t work. Not a huge deal I will use chrome. Thanks

Posted: 29 August 2012 11:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Hey Deveoted,

Thanks a lot for feedback, and great that you have access now. Yesterday I posted something on my G+ account, and got an similar feedback that IE cause trouble.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 29 August 2012 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Joined  2011-12-01

I have no allegiance to IE but it still has about 30% Market share. The only other browser close is Chrome. Some statistics say Chrome is used more than IE but I’m not sure how accurate that is. I monitor many websites and when ever I view the reports from Google analytics IE usually has about 80% of the page visits. IE still comes native with Windows which is probably why it hangs in there. Thanks for all you help – past, present, future.

Posted: 29 August 2012 01:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Devoted,

I just checked and 30% is about right, http://www.w3counter.com/globalstats.php
IF one takes all the IE browsers from ll times into account.
I do not assume that anyone using Cineversity runs an 6 year old browser (IE7), so the numbers here might vary. Well, longer discussion, and certainly not helping when I extend on that theme, but I was curious ;o)

However, that is certainly not so important, but the fact that the stuff should run is important. I hope that Chrome helps many people to get going. Thanks for your input in that. I work more often with several browsers, as I think with all the stalking in the internet, this might be saver anyway, and I love to have one browser for only few important things ;o)

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 01 September 2012 10:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2011-12-22

I’m also a paid premium member and I can’t view the video’s on IE either. We shouldn’t have to switch browsers to view the video’s. I’m also a subsriber of Lynda.com and view video’s at Video Copilot and other sites without any issues. Someone should fix it so that IE users can use this site.

Posted: 02 September 2012 12:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Hey Jonny,

My suggestion was based on the idea of a workaround, or just to get going with the stuff. No, the idea is not to make you switch, if you need to work with the IE and that is the way you work, then please use the “contact us”, option.  I think I was clear in my communication that I do not speak for the admin group.

Again, I’m just an instructor here, and I tried to help. Sorry that I got you on the wrong foot with my try to help. I do not speak officially for any contract things with Cineversity.

Take care

Sassi

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 02 September 2012 01:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2006-05-17
JonnyBravo - 01 September 2012 10:19 PM

Someone should fix it so that IE users can use this site.

I’m sorry that you both are experiencing issues, it’s not like we are actively trying to limit IE usage.
Issues occur and we try our best to stay on top of them…this current issue looks to be like it should be a quick fix once we can get a developer to look into it, as it is simply flowplayer not loading. Thank scattered internet standards for that one.

Also, Cineversity is not owned or maintained by MAXON Gmbh, and therefore does not have access to any of the developmental resources associated with that company.
Cineversity is run by a separate company , MAXON Computer Inc, that sells C4D in the US (hence our focus on the US market). With limited staff and resources, we do our best with what we have…and we are sorry that is not always good enough.

Posted: 02 September 2012 05:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Joined  2011-12-22

Hello Dr. Sassi and Patrick,

Thank you for the fast replies. Please don’t take my previous post personally. I was just a little frustrated because I finally had some time to try to catch up on the Siggraph videos. I did find out that I can view the free video’s (including Siggraph) when logged-out. I just can’t view them while logged-in.  Hope a developer takes a look at it soon.

Thanks for all that you do for Cineversity and this community. Your videos have taught me allot. Keep up the good work and keep those fantastic video’s coming.

Posted: 02 September 2012 05:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Hey JonnyBravo,

Thanks so much for your feedback. Let me start this way, in the past 8 years I have watched over 4,500 tutorials, from a larger number of providers. Did everything worked out nicely all the time? Do I was always happy with everything? No! Not at all. Do I was upset and frustrated in that moment, of course I was.
“You” pick a time in a busy schedule to see some nice content and have expectations what you might do after it—and then—bang, something isn’t working.

Having said all of that, I can certainly see where you coming from. Nothing wrong with that, You paid and you have to have expectations about the delivery. I certainly understand that.

So, please do not worry about anything you have written here, it was all very polite and reasonable. I appreciate your professional expression here. Sorry from my side if I gave you at all the impression that your comment was not OK.

Lets hope that all of that is soon just history and things run smoothly.  Anyway, please address your points with the “contact us” option, so things might work out faster. (More knowledge about the problem might help solving it faster)

Have a nice Sunday!

Sassi

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 02 September 2012 08:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2006-05-17
JonnyBravo - 02 September 2012 05:14 PM

Hello Dr. Sassi and Patrick,

Thank you for the fast replies. Please don’t take my previous post personally. I was just a little frustrated because I finally had some time to try to catch up on the Siggraph videos. I did find out that I can view the free video’s (including Siggraph) when logged-out. I just can’t view them while logged-in.  Hope a developer takes a look at it soon.

Thanks for all that you do for Cineversity and this community. Your videos have taught me allot. Keep up the good work and keep those fantastic video’s coming.

I understand, how it can be annoying, but it happens.
It just sucks that your free time and this issue happened to coincide with each other. You can always use another browser, as chrome has no problems. (I know, not the best option, but it takes 2 min to download.)
It definitely won’t be a 2 min. fix on our end.

Any way, hopefully it will all be worked out by the time we roll out Dr. Sassi’s new set of videos so you can enjoy them from the comfort of any browser. smile (I have now watched 2 of the smaller collections and they provide a lot of good things to think about while creating work.)

Posted: 02 September 2012 10:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Off-Topic: Thanks Patrick for taking the time, can’t wait to see those online :o) /end off-topic

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 04 September 2012 03:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Joined  2011-12-22

Hey guy’s, I appreciate the work around ideas and look forward to watching more of your videos! Cheers grin

Posted: 04 September 2012 03:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Hey JonnyBravo,

Thanks for taking a perhaps less comfortable workaround option for the time being. Thanks.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

NEW: