A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

still hoping 4 some help here
Posted: 19 June 2012 11:30 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2009-08-26

I wrote last night that I was attempting to have a sphere that is broken apart in thrausi with a riged body tag applied to it and a floor with collider tag applied to it. The idea is to have the sphere fall to the ground and explode into pieces on contact with the floor and not before that contact. It is no problem to have an obj on the floor break apart when hit, thats simple, but I am having the problem with what I am trying to accomplish. I can’t find the settings in the simple dynamics system to achieve this effect. This is driving me a little nuts.

I may be in the wrong place and it may be a cloth collider that I need but I cant seem to make that work, or maybe it needs to be an Xpresso thing, but I just don’t know. I have looked on every site I can think of for help but have failed to find a solution. GSG Gorilla, HeloLuxx, Acrez Hd, C4D Cafe and nothing helped. I just bought Nick’s transform and I may find a solution there but haven’t had the time to explore it fully.

Is there anyone out there that has an idea of what work as a solution?. This is a job I am currently working on and I would like to find a better work around that doesn’t has to have a substitute sphere that replaces the dropping sphere and have an invisible obj hit it to smash it apart. Is there a way to accomplish this?. If not I know I can do it that way but I would rather not have to.

Any ideas would be a great help.
Thanks,
Greg

Posted: 20 June 2012 12:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Gregor,

You might have seen it and like to have something else, if not:
http://old.cineversity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2720&PN=1&TPN=1
Second post, scene files included.

I do not have the newest version from Thrausi, I asked him for an update (I paid+ the initial one), but no answer, so I have to skip those questions.

Sorry if you had to wait.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]