A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Achieving tracer lines effect while object disintegrates ?
Posted: 13 June 2012 08:49 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2011-01-16

Hello,

Good morning, Dr Sassi ! Hope you are doing well.

I recently watched this very inspirational montage reel, and I was wondering how they did this certain effect of breaking away and drawing the tracer lines ? Do you think, they connect the vertex pints of inside the polygons ?

At about 47 seconds, when the rocks break ...

https://vimeo.com/10890747#

Thanks !

Raj

Posted: 13 June 2012 10:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2006-05-17

Hi Raj,

You need to start with pre broken geometry.

Nitro4D has xbreaker which is free, and will do the job.

You then take the broken geometry and place it in a fracture object.

With the fracture object selected add a tracer (this places the fracture object into the object list of the tracer.)

In the tracer attributes switch “Tracing mode” from “trace paths” to “Connect all elements”.

Posted: 13 June 2012 12:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Raj,

Thanks, I hope you and Patrick doing fine as well :o)

Certainly one way is a given, as Patrick describes it, ... or make a copy of the object and use a Atom Array with it. Set the spheres of the Atom Array to the same size. You might work with a Formula object to get some movement in it, or other Deformer options like the Camera Deformer.

This kind of stuff is mostly based on the fact that artists play with what ever is available in CINEMA 4D and combine it. The key here is to create something new, something that “you” haven’t seen before. C4D is perfect in that case, as it allows for a great deal of combinations. I suggest to have each day at least 30 minutes of pure experimentations (give it a month at least, and go through the complete list of tools), trying things that you might will not work together. The Character tools are a great place for that.

Have a “create” day :o)

Sassi

P.S.. why does it looks cool, because the atmosphere is very nicely done. It is a dense environment and the light is caught up in the air.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]