A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Basic Emmiter and Soft Bodies Problem
Posted: 24 April 2012 09:16 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-08-30

I’m trying to make an emitter that emits soft body geometry so that it falls on top of already modeled geometry(Paper falling from the sky onto a pile of paper).  The problem that I’m having, is that the soft body will not fall, once it is attached to the emitter.  I’ve tried adding gravity, and it does not affect the geometry either.  In fact, the particles do not even move away from the emitter.  They just pile up next to the emitter and don’t go anywhere.  The emitter is large enough to allow plenty of space for the particles to fly out.

The process I went through was as follows: I created a soft body, a collider object (my pile of paper), and a basic particle emitter.  I attached the soft body to the emitter and made it show objects.  I’ve used this technique with rigid bodies, and it worked fine.  But for some reason, it will not work with the soft body.  I have a hunch that my machine is just not processing everything properly, but I might be missing something.  Is there something I need to make sure I do, in order to make it work?