A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Edit Texture Image Within Preset
Posted: 23 April 2012 02:06 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2011-05-23

I render out objects with customer logos on them. I would like to use a saved preset of the object with a material already applied where all I have to change is the logo/alpha. I’ve saved a preset of one of my objects with one client’s logo on it. But when I add it to the scene, open the material, click on the image and choose “Edit Image”, it won’t open it in Photoshop. I see that it’s saved the material as a user preset as well. I presume this is why it doesn’t behave like a material that is manually created. Any thoughts as to how I could set this up so that I could add the preset object to a scene with the material applied and then easily edit it?
Thanks
TO

Posted: 26 April 2012 08:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2006-05-17

The texture can not be edited directly.
The texture itself is saved into the .lib4d file and is only accessed through that file.
If you copy the path “preset://presets.lib4d/tex/image_file.tif” and try to navigate to it in finder / explorer you will never find it.

If you want to make edits you are much better off making a copy of your base texture and saving each edit as an increment or uniquely named file and then connecting the new texture manually.

If you are using relative texture paths this can be as easy as adding an increment to the file name. ie. “text” -> “text_01”