A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Net Render & Mograph Text help
Posted: 12 April 2012 11:21 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2006-10-15

Sorry if this has been discussed at length, but why can’t I get mograph text to render successfully over net render?  And I’m not even talking anything fancy, now if I make my mograph text editable it renders fine over the Net, but that isn’t what I want especially when trying to animate.  Maybe it’s my computer setup ?  Right now my main workstation is a Mac and all the computers in the renderfarm are PC.  But that usually isn’t an issue because typically I only use this computer as my Net Server and all the PC’s do the work… make sense ? I’ve been using it this way for a long time and never have had issues before.

So back to Mograph text issue, here are all the things I’ve tried to get this to work and it has not.

1. Yes all the computers have the same font.  But is there an issue using the Mac as the “Server” ? I don’t see why that would matter ?
2.Yes I’ve used a Mograph Cache tag and have baked the frames, didn’t help either

So now I’m confused on what to try other then making one of the PC’s the Server. 

Any ideas, thought or general help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: 12 April 2012 09:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Total Posts:  95
Joined  2006-07-27

Have you done any individual test renders on the Windows boxes?

Signature 

These pretzels are making me thirsty.

Posted: 13 April 2012 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2006-10-15

Good idea, that is next on the list of things to try, as soon as I get my current project out the door.——It just seems so random across the board.

Posted: 13 April 2012 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi JR,

Please check that with the Support.

The Last Cineversity Live covered Net Render, but half in the show I lost my web-connection and the re-run is obviously (?) not online yet. I couldn’t find it so far.

Any render in the net work should have the same version, especially the after dot numbers must fit as well.

I think what Will said is certainly a nice idea to gather more details about the problem.

Good luck

Sassi

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 16 April 2012 09:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Joined  2006-10-15

Dr. Sassi good call, couple of mismatches going on with a few of them.  Once I’m done updating, I will give it a go.  If it still doesn’t work then I will go through each box and find out which ones aren’t working, which I think is all of them at this point.  I did double check all my fonts to make sure that wasn’t the issue… seems to be ok.  If all that doesn’t work then I guess I’ll contact support. ugh.

Thanks

Posted: 16 April 2012 11:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Joined  2006-10-15

ok, I updated everything and now when I render mograph text to the Net, the PC’s render the wrong font.  Before it seemed to randomly select fonts when rendering, but it renders the same font all the way thru the render, it’s just the wrong font.  So I’m guessing this is a Mac to PC issue ?? The fonts are called the same thing and both are .ttf fonts, so I’m confused at this point.  Any ideas, cause this stinks.

Thanks

Posted: 16 April 2012 01:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Hey JR,

This means a little step forward and maybe already something that prevents future problems.

In my mind is the memory of Fonts are stored in the File, so far needed.  A reason why I would suggest to call the Support just in case to clear that point. I do not do Net Render Training, so the support is always a good idea.

All the best

Sassi

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 17 April 2012 09:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Joined  2006-10-15

So I heard back from support and here is what they had to say in case others are having this issue as well:

“We apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you.  Our developers are aware of this particular issue, and are working hard on implementing a fix in the very near future.

What is happening is the Font type is not being properly cached into the .c4d file for the purposes of NET Render.

The current update for C4D & Net Render available through the online updater is R13.051.  The next upcoming update to proceed this one, should hopefully contain the fix to this font issue with MoText.  When the next update becomes available, I would recommend you update all your CINEMA 4D R13, NET Render R13 Server, and NET Render R13 Client installations to the latest version through the Online Updater window (Help > Check for Updates).”

Hopefully they fix this soon

j

Posted: 17 April 2012 01:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Hey JR,

Nice that the idea with the support worked to localize the problem for you. Well, I hope it will all be fixed soon.

Have a great day

Sassi

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 09 May 2012 01:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Joined  2006-10-15

I’ve only had time to run a couple of quick tests, but this issue seems to have been fixed with the latest update 13.058.

Posted: 09 May 2012 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks JR for the feedback, very nice of you!

Signature 

NEW: