A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Gray Render
Posted: 19 October 2022 06:19 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2022-10-19

Hello,

I am very new to C4D and CG in general so excuse the noobiness of this question. I have a white back plate setup but it, and everything else in my scene renders kind of desaturated and gray. I was wondering if there is a simple setting that comes to mind to help me getting truer colors and whiter whites.

Ive played with the lighting in my scene quite a bit and turning them up only blows out my colors, rather than making the colors more saturated.

Can anyone think of anything?

Posted: 20 October 2022 01:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi there, (Please get in touch with the admin team to change this avatar name, as this is misleading: You have no admin status here. Contact Us—option left lower corner, thank you.)

To help you, please share an example file, no screenshots or screen capture; I need to see what you have set up. You can replace the objects of your scene with similar Primitives to keep it small and simple. I’m happy to look into it.

Start with one light and see what happens. A typical mistake is to start with several lights; Then, you don’t know what each light does.

Another problem could be a very strong Reflection. Dial down reflectivity and check if that causes it.

But before we have a long guessing game, a file answer more than anything. Please zip the file and attach it here, or if there is a problem (mime-type stuff, sorry if that happens), I’m happy to provide an upload link.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]