A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

720x486
Posted: 17 January 2012 08:55 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2006-09-26

Hi all I know this is a totally fundamental question but I am having some trouble rendering files that are 720x486 with a pixel aspect ratio of 1.2

When I bring the rendered file into ae it turns to a 0.9 any and all help appreciated!

I have been working in 864x 486 square pixels but may need to change this as I am rendering items that are appearing over live footage (alpha) and the edges are appearing blocky when rendering the original quicktime converted from after effects

Posted: 17 January 2012 09:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

When you import footage into AE, it tries to guess the pixel aspect ratio based on the frame size. Since it’s more common for 720x486 to be 4x3 footage, it guesses .9 - you’ll have to tell AE that it’s actually NTSC wide footage. Simply right-click the footage in the AE project, choose Interpret Footage - Main and change the Pixel Aspect Ratio at the bottom of the dialog to 1.2

Alternatively, you can export an AEC by checking the Save option for a Compositing Project File in C4D, and use C4D’s AE exchange plugin to import this file into AE. This will bring in all your multipass render files and 3D data for the scene with the proper pixel aspect ratio applied.

Posted: 19 January 2012 02:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2006-09-26

Thanks That helped a bit gut how do I rid myself of the blocky edge created when the Quicktime output in the end render appears over live footage Basically like a score bug that is “alphad” over live footage as a loop.

Thanks so much for your help! I havent had this issue until now… so im curious if it’s just something I missed…

Ben