A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Spline Dynamics mixed with Dynamics Body Tag
Posted: 11 January 2012 09:14 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-07-08

Hello,
I have a scene in which I have animated a necklace of beads using a cloned object along a spline that I have made dynamic using Spline Dynamics with three constraint tags to have a little manual control. I would like the necklace beads and/or the spline itself to avoid a surface with a Collider Body Tag as they fall away from camera.

Could you take a look at the attached C4D v13 project file and see if there is an easy way to accomplish this?
I have a “pass” sliding along a different spline in the scene, and that spline is animated using PLA. The whole point of using spline dynamics is to add some realism, since PLA tends to be very stiff and robotic.

Thanks!

Here is the scene file.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7716007/cineversity/KPass_dynamicsTest_v05.c4d

Posted: 11 January 2012 09:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2006-01-24

One option here is Follow Position / Rotation in the Force tab of the Rigid Body tag - you’ll need to experiment a bit to find the right values, and you’ll probably also need to increase the Steps per Frame in the Project Dynamics attributes. Also, the cylinders and spheres of the chain overlapping will cause Dynamics grief, so it would be good to scale down your cylinders just enough that they don’t intersect.

‹‹ All about Octopus..      knot tying? ››