A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Cinema 3D Redshift Asset Manager
Posted: 05 May 2021 08:28 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  42
Joined  2020-07-14

Good afternoon,

I did attempt to seek an answer for this on redshift forums but there is literally no activity on that forum.

Basically I sent a render to garagefarm from cinema 4d using redshift.  My render was perfect on my home computer,
but when i sent it to the farm the asset manager pulled up some errors.  The errors pertained to the Realflow plug-in, which confuses me since that shouldn’t affect redshift or vice versa.  I used the plug in to create a liquid simulation and then cached it.
I then shaded it procedurally with redshift so there are no external textures.  But the render came back empty from the render farm.
I can’t make any sense out of these errors.  The main error had a red x next to my cache simulation with the object being the
real flow scene node.  I know this sounds convoluted, but any ideas?

Posted: 05 May 2021 09:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi jleehunter,

Nothing that I can answer here. I really don’t know what the render farm has received, nor if they are set up at all to handle it.

I would start with the render-farm support and ask if they have the RealFlow C4D plug-in. (Perhaps you bake out the RealFlow things as Alembic…)

If they can’t check your file, the Redshift 3D support might have an idea.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 05 May 2021 10:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  42
Joined  2020-07-14

Thanks for the advice!  I contacted the renderfarm and they had some information but it’s still unclear what the problem is.  They too, suggested using alembic files over the cache, but the trouble is when I export the cached mesh as an alembic, then reimport the alembic-it comes imports as particles, and I lose my animated mesh.  Do you know of a place where i can read up/watch how to import an alembic file of particles and then convert to an animated mesh?

Posted: 06 May 2021 01:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi jleehunter,

Try the following: (brainstorming here, as it has been a while since I had this license. I think I have to ask Next Limit at one point to give me a license again. wink )

Option 1
Select the Mesher, then File> Export> Alembic: Selection Only. Leave the particles off, and the Subdivision Surface on (Perhaps not needed, but just in case). I checked this workflow with X-Particles, and it works.

New scene and File> Merge the new Alembic file.

Option 2
If that isn’t working, call up a Connect object, place the Mesher below it, set the Weld to off, and the Phong to average.
Select that that Connect object. And then as above, Selection Only, SDS on, again, just in case. Re-import into a new scene to see what you got.

My best wishes.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]