A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Suggestion - offer a non-Flash experience
Posted: 05 January 2012 05:43 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-01-05

I often use Cineversity from my Mac laptop, but have removed Flash because of the performance issues it causes.

I sure would be preferable to have a non-Flash Cineversity experience, or at least the ability to download the video assets for viewing outside the browser.

Posted: 13 January 2012 09:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-09-22

I agree on that, why do it i flash if you could do it in HTML5 and be compatible with IOS and Android.

Posted: 26 January 2012 06:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2008-05-29

I also agree with that! Please use another file format (html5) to wath your tutorials and live streem over iPad and other osx devices.

Posted: 26 January 2012 12:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2006-05-17

Until HTML5 can offer the same security features as the Flash based options the site will remain Flash dependent.
Atm, sites that are offering HTML5 content are not worried about the security of the material being broadcast.

We are looking into developing Apps to view the content on mobile devices, but as I mentioned the site will remain flash until HTML5 can offer better protection of media.

Posted: 28 August 2012 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2008-11-12

GIVE ME A WAY TO WATCH THESE ON IPAD! PLEASE.

Posted: 11 September 2012 03:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-08-01

I also would like an iPad option…cmivfx have an iPad app that works and has good security… So it is possible…

Lee

Posted: 22 October 2012 10:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Joined  2012-10-19

http://www.digital-digest.com/news-63286-Google-Microsoft-Netflix-We-Want-To-Add-DRM-To-HTML5.html

Probably won’t happen for awhile unfortunately ... But at some point, they will have to be something other than full flash which is ironic to state that flash is more secure than anything considering it’s demise and all the security flaws in it. lol.

Have you looked into Brightcove?
http://www.brightcove.com/en/online-video-platform/html5-video

Universal Delivery Service - Brightcove Video Cloud’s Universal Delivery Service uses multi-bitrate video streaming via Adobe Flash Media Server, Akamai HD, Apple HTTP streaming or progressive download to ensure the best possible viewing experience for any device.

Protect your valuable content - Ensure your video is safe. Use RTMPe stream encryption and SWF verification to prevent video stream ripping and content theft and ensure that your video stream plays back only in your authorized players.

Digital Rights Management - Brightcove Video Cloud’s easy integration with Adobe Flash Access helps you protect against piracy and unauthorized viewing with the highest available level of content security. Put policies in place around usage of content to protect your revenue model or ensure that your proprietary video content for internal use only stays that way. Learn more about digital rights management for online video.

Just a thought.  I have used some of their stuff and they seem to be pretty cool.

Posted: 24 October 2012 08:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2006-05-17

Or, you know, you could test out the update we pushed live yesterday… wink