A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Using Plain/Random Effectors on furry-text
Posted: 06 April 2021 02:26 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2021-04-05

I am a newbie, so please forgive my ignorance.

I want to animate some text moving along the X axis which has fur on it by using the Plain and Random Effector, but when I make the text Editable, the Effector function stops. 

1 How can I continue to use Effectors with Editable Text, while retaining the Fur Simulation? 

2 The Random Effector makes the text gyrate up and down in the Y position, but how can I get it to push the text in and out in the Z position.

3 Do I have to create the text as MoGraph Text or Spline Text in order to use the Effectors and/or Simulations?

4 Why is my video background affecting the Audio Sound, making it lag?  When I turn off the background, the sound is fine.

Thanks in advance.

Jeffrey

Posted: 06 April 2021 03:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi Jeffrey,

If you have several questions again, please sort them into different posts so it is easier to find for others and the readability of the forum is better. Thanks for considering.

Typically I love to have a scene file, so I can see what you see. Images nor text can replace the density of information a file has.

1.-3. I hope the little screen capture gives some clues:
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/hAigjgsltU9aKQZd8ZQjtUP6WTECpAgYqLpvuYxnsx

I have left each step in the file. If you have a specific question, please share a file with just the needed elements to showcase the problem/question. Thanks. Please note that the Connect object has a Weld function. If the letters come too close to each other, a problem might show up. If so, switch Weld to on and off, to see if that is the cause.

The fracture Object will create the needed separation to handle all letters as clones. If you have a letter like an “i”, you might consider if the central part and the dot need to go under a Null to be seen as a single object.

4. Go to the right side of the timeline (the little filmstrip icon), and uncheck all frames. Let me know if that helps.

Let me know if there is any other question. I’m happy to look into it.

All the best

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]