A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Folding Carton Animation, Part 2
Posted: 01 January 2012 10:19 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2007-04-22

I have Broadcast R12, which does not appear to have the “bone” tool in the deformers area. How do I proceed with this tutorial???

Dave Patterson
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 01 January 2012 10:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2006-05-17

Hi Dave,

Bones were slowly phased out and have been replaced by joints.
In practice the 2 systems behave much the same. The main difference is that a single joint has no real visualization, but can still have weighting assigned to it.
To properly see the “bone” you would need to joints in a hierarchy, at which point a “bone” is drawn between the 2 joints, but weighting is applied to the parent but not the last child.
If you do a search for “biped” you can find bret’s character rigging tutorials. 4b or 4c cover some tips and tricks.

Posted: 02 January 2012 12:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2006-04-04

Hi Davidp158,

The information from Patrick is of course a save tip for now and the future. If you can do it with joints, that’s the way to go.

If there is any urgency to get the “Bone” back, have a look into the R13 “Customize Commands ...” or R12 “Command Manager”. But if you can avoid it, leave it ;o)

Happy New Year

Sassi

Signature 

This is one of my old accounts please do not use it for PMs or other communications. I will not receive it. Sorry. Check the avater of teh newer posts in the forum, that should always work nicely.