A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

Install location for ArtSmart - iMac
Posted: 14 August 2020 01:20 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2019-09-30

I watched the tutorial for ArtSmart, tried two different browsers and never saw the installer to the left of the video as described “in” the video.

I downloaded the files, extracted them. The video says drop them in the plugin folder but that must have been an older version because the directory hierarchy doesn’t match R22.x

I placed the CV-ArtSmart folder in R22’s Exchange plugins folder, restarted and don’t see either the Plugins menu or ArtSmart anywhere in the C4D interface.

Having the same issue with CV-Toolbox.

Can I get some help.

Thanks.

Posted: 14 August 2020 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi rcates

There are two places where you can place those. Though the CV-Toolbox should take care of that and you don’t have to worry about this.

Open the Main Menu> File> Preferences [cmd+e], then click on the button “Preferences” in the lower-left corner of that interface.

A new window opens, and you get to a specific folder for this release. There is a plugin folder. Place the CV-ArtSmart there.

Alternatively, try this: IN the Mani Menu> File> Preferences [cmd+e], you will find an entry called Plug-In (should be the seventh from the top). There you can link the CV-ArtSmart folder.

You need to restart the app.

Let me know if that worked for you.

All the best

P.S.: it is good practice to have only one copy of a specific plug-in connected, to keep things stable.

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]