A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

File stuck in render region mode
Posted: 22 February 2020 08:21 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2020-01-18

I generally use the Corona renderer and have not studied the Cinema4D renderer.  Was trying out a Cinema4D render region and now the render region bounding box is stuck in the middle of my perspective view.  I can’t get rid of it or end it; my whole file is frozen. If I wait long enough it starts rendering something and occasionally switches to picture viewer mode, but I still have no control over it. I just want to get out of the whole mode now.  Thank you.

Posted: 22 February 2020 08:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  12043
Joined  2011-03-04

Hi fmhsketch

While your “mouse” is over the perspective view, can you press: “option/alt + R” ? Any improvement.

Since randomly “switching to Picture Viewer” doesn’t make things clearer to me. Can you use the esc key to get out?

Is the Render Settings> Output> Render Region check-box checked, this needs to be unchecked based on your question.

Can you call up a new scene?

Sorry, I can sadly only guess here, as I really don’t know how your file is set up nor see the screen.

Let me know if there was any improvement with these steps.

My best wishes

Signature 

Dr. Sassi V. Sassmannshausen Ph.D.
Cinema 4D Mentor since 2004
Maxon Master Trainer, VES, DCS

Photography For C4D Artists: 200 Free Tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSassiLA/playlists

NEW:

NEW: Cineversity [CV4]

Posted: 22 February 2020 08:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Joined  2020-01-18

I have attached a screen save, below. It seems that mistakenly hitting render region started a process I can’t get out of now.  How does one just stop a render, or a render region?? Seems that when it is rendering no other command is available to me.  Escape doesn’t work.  Even when I press control alt delete and log out of the computer, when I reopen the file it is in the same mode, with the render region box in the middle of the perspective view and basically frozen, no other commands available. Then it starts rendering the region on its own.  I will have to sacrifice the file and start over (and never hit render region again until I’m more familiar with it) unless I can discover a way to get out of this render region mode now.  But thank you for your help!

Posted: 22 February 2020 09:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

Thanks for the screenshot, fmhsketch.

In the main menu> Render> Interactive render Region.

As a short cut, as mentioned above: option/alt+ R (Mouse over the editor view in question.

If this is not working at all, on the right side of that frame is a tiny little triangle, try to pull this down, which set the target quality. With that, the responsiveness of the system should be better.

Then try again option/alt+R (Again, the mouse must be over the editor view to make it work!)

If it is not working by now: Select all parts in the Object Manager and paste it into a new Project file. Alternative: call up a new project file, and merge the saved problem scene into the new one. That should take it out of the unwanted mode.

Worse case, I give you an upload link, and I will hopefully be able to send a working file back.

Fingers crossed.

Signature 

NEW:

Posted: 22 February 2020 09:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Joined  2020-01-18

I have my file back.  Starting a new project and merging the file worked.  Was nice to know I could send the file to you if necessary.  Thank you so much.

Posted: 22 February 2020 09:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2011-03-04

You’re very welcome, fmhsketch, thanks for the reply.

Great that you can work again.

Typically I love to see the project file, as anything else is not really working (speaking of 16 years mentoring of Cinema 4D artists). There are too many options and combinations that can typically cause an unwanted result.

If a file has a technical problem, that would be a case for the support. In a nutshell, if the answer can be found in the manual or in a creative approach, that would be something for Cineversity.

Enjoy your weekend

Signature 

NEW: