A new version of Cineversity has been launched. This legacy site and its tutorials will remain accessible for a limited transition period

Visit the New Cineversity

2 of 2
On/off switch all SDS generators (smoothing Hypernurbs)
Posted: 05 September 2019 01:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2018-06-09
Pixelschubser - 05 August 2019 07:26 PM

Sorry, doing this from scratch but based on the script bentraje posted.

Good Monday - 02 August 2019 03:41 AM

...I just noticed that your script above doesn’t seem to affect SDS/Hypernurb generators that are placed inside a ‘Null Object’.

I modified the obj_list references (so nested objects don’t get lost during the recursive call and thus hypernurbs inside null objects should be considered).

Good Monday - 02 August 2019 03:41 AM

The old “HN_Switch plugin” I used in R19 also kept all the SDS/Hypernurbs generators “synchronized” when using the script. So if two ‘SDS objects’ were switched OFF and a third was switched ON, before I used the script (hit the Tab key), then the plugin only enabled the two switches that was turned OFF. My next click on the ‘Tab’ key made all the generators turned off (synchronized). Would you have any help of looking at the old plugin to add this functionality also?

I added a (nasty, bad style) global variable to keep the initial state. On first run it gets the state of the first object, on each additional run it negates it. Does this reflect your desired behavior?

Hi Pixelschubser, Sorry for the late late reply, but YES.. your changes seem to work exactly as expected (as the old plugin). Really appreciated! This should be a standard script, so useful when modeling. Many thanks again, of course also to Bentraje who wrote the first script.

/ Frederik

2 of 2